Eating out, cooking in, cooking out and our opinions on everything culinary

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Cruising Around....

Today looking at some other foodie, culinary inspired webblogs. Man I wish I would have known about this when I was in Culinary School. Who am I kidding though, I mean it's been less than a year since I graduated. I didn't have the time to post online during school anyhow. Everything was homework, thinking about ingredients, planning, menu preparation, prep in general, just lots going on. How come it seems like when you have something you have to do like school, work comes in droves, and you are so busy constantly you don't even have time to do your school work?

I started out in Culinary school in Minneapolis....at the Art Institute Minneapolis. It is a private school with a Culinary program offering an AS degree in Culinary Arts. Not so bad, but it was kinda expensive. In retrospect I may have either chosen not to go or not to go to that school for the money.

I learned so much going to Culinary school though, so it's not that it wasn't a worthwhile process. I also met the other half of TwoHotChefs, Ben, at Culinary school we started at the same time. We are an amazing team, and during the tenure of our relationship we have worked together in everything from Hotels, to Restaurants, to Private Chef work, Personal Chef work, and lastly Catering on many levels. After our most recent stint at a local Santa Monica Restaurant, we have decided it made more sense to go ahead and just take a break from the industry in general. The past 2 years have been so hectic, we wanted to regroup and find something that would workout perfectly for us.

In the meantime we are working 40 hour a week day jobs. We do the occasional Personal Chef work and some small party catering which we both enjoy doing. I wouldn't mind getting back into Chef work for a family again. That has probably been the happiest I have been working in a kitchen (me being the boss of me!). One of my lifelong goals is to own my own B&B in Maui. I want to live on the island so badly, I have been on several visits, and I just think that Ben and I would be really successful running a small B&B there.

So this is it for now. I'm working on getting some photos on the site, tweaking out the design some and really getting back to my foodie roots. Thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by TwoHotChefs.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]