Eating out, cooking in, cooking out and our opinions on everything culinary

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Just when I lost all faith

I have to say I am very impressed with the Border Grill in Santa Monica. I emailed them my dismay about their debaccle in terms of our Mother's Day excursion, and one of the customer service representatives there was so cool. She hooked us all up with gift certificates so that we can come back and enjoy another meal on them, and hopfeully they won't have issues this time around. She put me into direct contact with her, to make our reservations through her, and she will take care of all our needs.

Interesting....
Things like this are just not common in this town, let alone the Hospitality Industry in general. I have to say since Culinary School, I constantly am questioning myself as to what I was thinking going to school anyhow. I mean I wanted to be a Chef I had it all figured out. But after seeing what Chef's do in the real world, and the type of people they have to be, it's disturbing. I mean, I love cooking it is my creative passion there is no question about it. However turning into an instant ass is just not my cup of tea as a profession. I think my degree will fit into my life somewhere, I'm glad I went to school I don't regret it, eventhough I will be paying it off forever.

Anyhow, back to the Border Grill, will update you more once we go for a repeat visit...

1 Comments:

Blogger jasmine said...

Great job on your talk on culinary school. I have a culinary school secrets blog if you wanna swing by my place!

September 04, 2005 9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by TwoHotChefs.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]