Eating out, cooking in, cooking out and our opinions on everything culinary

Friday, May 28, 2004

Zucchini Bread

How classic is it that the day I start my "new way of eating" that a friend from the office has this GIANT zucchini that she wants me to "do something with". Of course the first thing I think of is zucchini bread.

I spent some of my afternoon at work searching for a good recipe. I have to give credit where credit is due, this is a deliciously moist zucchini bread, and it really only requires some basic ingredients that most people have on hand. I had to get extra eggs but go figure. And each batch that makes 2 loafs, only uses 2 cups of grated zucchini. I also have to say that I love my Cuisinart Food Processor. Not having to grate by hand is definately awesome.

This recipe came from All Recipes.com. I have found so many great recipes on this site, I use it a lot when trying to get inspired for uses of ingredients. Check out the recipe for the zucchini bread below:

Zucchini Bread IV
This is the best zucchini bread I have made! I have other
recipes, but this is the best! Thanks to my mother! Prep Time:
approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 1 Hour 10 Minutes.
Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 25 Minutes. Makes 2 - 8x4 inch
loaves (24 servings).
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Kristen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda


Directions
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease
and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
2 In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix
in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine
flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir
into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
3 Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.



This recipe was simple, and delicious. People in my office are loving it as we speak!
Shawn

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about food tv

October 07, 2005 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my health department in dallas texas
site. It pretty much covers health department in dallas texas
related stuff.

October 08, 2005 8:58 AM

 
Anonymous cooking club said...

I wish I could understand how doing a search for kitchen utensils got me to Zucchini Bread. Not that I mind, you understand Cali. It's just that I don't think it's exactly what I was looking for :0)

October 27, 2005 3:19 PM

 
Anonymous food said...

Hi
I was searching for articles on publishing cookbooks when I came across Zucchini Bread, which is a bit weird really. I've enjoyed the experience but I'm not at all sure I've found what I'm looking for :0)

Just thought I'd say hello.

October 27, 2005 7:23 PM

 
Anonymous lessons said...

Hello Cali
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on cooks recipes when I came across Zucchini Bread. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!

October 30, 2005 1:26 AM

 
Anonymous low fat low carb diet said...

Cali, nice blog! Where do you find the ideas for all
of your low fat low carb diet posts? I'm always looking for new info
regarding low fat low carb diet and you seem to have it. I'll
definitely be back for more.

October 30, 2005 7:34 PM

 
Anonymous low carb diet tip said...

Really awesome job on your low carb diet tip blog Cali. I'm very
interested in low carb diet tip stuff and will be back frequently
to check for more posts.

October 30, 2005 8:51 PM

 
Anonymous kitchen utensils said...

Hi
I was searching for articles on cooking club when I came across Zucchini Bread, which is a bit weird really. I've enjoyed the experience but I'm not at all sure I've found what I'm looking for :0)

Just thought I'd say hello.

November 02, 2005 7:49 PM

 
Anonymous Natural Vitamins said...

Hi Cali
Iam learning about blogs, and discovered Zucchini Bread while finding information about Health Products.. I can see how I got your page while I was researching Health Products. Thank you for such an interesting site. I appreciate the work you have done to make it available.
Mable

November 03, 2005 8:31 PM

 
Anonymous Health Products said...

Hi Cali.
Reading blogs is such a neat way to learn what others are doing. Thanks for your Zucchini Bread site. It is very interesting. I am looking for those that concern Alternative Health Products. Your site was a bit off my subject, Alternative Health Products but I’m glad I found it.
Mable

November 04, 2005 12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by TwoHotChefs.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]