Eating out, cooking in, cooking out and our opinions on everything culinary

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Baby Becca Cooks

So she says to me this weekend, "I hate it when people call me Becca", at age 3 she's still trying to grasp the concept of nicknames. I told her, not to worry that most people with longer names have nicknames, and that it is a term of endearment. Yeah a 3 year old is going to grasp that.

So this kid loves to cook. The other day she told me she's such a good cook that she's going to be a Chef when she grows up (aww just like Auntie Shawnie, I'm blushing). So she came over to hang out Sunday with me, and since it was "just girls" as she requested, we decided to tackle the French Yogurt Raspberry cake that I've been coveting for sometime now from the Chocolate & Zucchini website.

We had a great time, grinding up our almonds, measuring everything using the yogurt tub, mixing and of course, layering in the fresh raspberries. Becca ate a few herself, more like a 1/2 dozen if you ask me, but I told her, she's the Chef she can taste. So cute!

So the cake came out fine, my only problem with it is that it is way dense. Clotilde has talked about how hers was as light as air, moussy was the term she used. Mine is dense and doughy like a poundcake...which is fine, but not what it's supposed to be like. So I am a bit dissappointed. I think it has something to do with the fact that she mentions using a 4oz tub of yogurt, and all I could find in the store here was a 6oz. So I didn't adjust the baking powder or the ground almonds, or the eggs, which were all based on a 4oz yogurt tub.......so I dunno I left her a message on her site, hopefully she'll see it and give me some ideas.

I love cooking with Becca...she takes direction well and is so eager to learn. She loves to help! Such a giving and sweet heart on this kid. I adore her.

Onto more exciting ventures..........I have Ina Garten's lemon cake, and Martha's Lemon Bars on the dockett this week...........gotta use up those sunny California lemons! Shawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by TwoHotChefs.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]